02 October 2007

tube top...

okay so
it was premiere week
& since i work wednesday & friday nights
& have bible study on mondays
& i think that desperate housewives has gone down the tubes
(some may argue that it started there...)
my only nights for tv are tuesday & thursday
(isn't it nice that i think of it as
'the two nights i can watch tv'
as opposed to 'the two nights i get to hang out with my husband'
or 'the nights i can research how to cure cancer'
but i guess i can do that stuff on saturdays & sundays
right?)
so tuesday is
the biggest loser
ncis
the unit
& i won't even go into how we decide
what to watch when...
but thursdays is all about nbc, baby
(well, until er comes on
yes, it is still on)
so i have been looking forward to the office premiere for a while
but first things first
my name is earl
oh yes.
at one point brian said
'i don't know if i have ever heard you laugh this much
at one time, it's great!'
it was so funny
oh so very funny
i mean come on
randy has to be taught how to set his alarm clock
'oh!
push time
to set the time
push alarm
to set the alarm
why didn't you tell me it rhymes?'
& just because i really like you a whole lot
i have a present for you
click here to watch the entire premiere!
oh it's lovely

& the office was great too
maybe it was because i was in smalltownville mindset
& because i had laughed approximately every 5.6 secnds of the previous hour
but it wasn't quite as funny as i had built it up to be
don't get me wrong
it was funnier than two & a half men could ever hope to be
& jim & pam?
come on...
too cute
& i have to say
i have faith in the writers
that they can do something great with this
& not let the relationship go the way of this
or this
hear that?
i have faith in you!

so on that note
let's get back to everybody's favorite game
my three favorites...

tv shows now & then

now

1...
the office
oh dear
too predictable?
so sorry
it just is
& how could it not be
with quotes like this...
Michael: I hate hospitals. In my mind, they are associated with sickness.

Michael: It is up to me to get rid of the curse that hit Meredith with my car. I’m not superstitious, but, I’m a little stitious.

Phyllis: I’m a Lutheran, and Bob is a Unitarian. It keeps things spicy.

Dwight: With the electricity we’re using to keep Meredith alive, we could power a small fan for two days. You tell me what’s unethical.

Pam: You have reached the offices of Dunder Mifflin Scranton. Currently the entire staff is out doing the Michael Scott D.M.S.M.P.M.C. Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race.
Michael: For The Cure.
Pam: Leave a message.

Michael: While I eventually puked my guts out, I never puked my heart out. And I’m very, very proud of that.

& that's only in the first episode of the year!
oh joy
it's going to be a great fall season...

2...really right now
my name is earl
it has to be
you can't laugh that much in one hour
& not give it the second place prize
plus in the episode on thursday
joy did two
count them
TWO!
craft projects
a mosaic of earl's face made from the broken stained glass window of the baptist church
& a quilt of earl's life made from her kid's winter coats
watch out martha...

3...
project runway
does it count that i have never watched it in real life?
only on dvd?
.....
i have consulted the rule book
& it says that shows on dvd
as long as i have watched them in the last 6 months
are okay
whew!

so project runway
if you like fashion, craftiness, cattiness, creativity
& hearing hiedi klum say 'aufedersein'
you will love this show
seriously
it is awesome
i'm on the waiting list to get season three when it
gets to netflix...
try it
you just might love it

then...
rule book again
these are shows from my past
past could be last week...
but not next week
okay...

one... family ties
(please click on that link...please please!)
oh dear
how i loved this show
& how i loved michael j fox
& let's be honest
how i still do...
favorite episode:
'self contained underwater breathing apparatus'
& now justine bateman is on 'men in trees'
just a little trivia for ya...
least favorite episode:
all of the ones i had to miss because
my dad wouldn't let us watch it
because they treated the dad like an idiot...
no hard feelings, dad
i understand
ps christmas is coming

two...
friends
i still laugh out loud at this show
(mostly chandler & monica)
when i get to watch it every two months or so
love it
can't help it

three...
sex & the city
i have little to no comments
i just love this show
i can't choose an episode
but here's a quote or two...
Miranda: I know you're probably busy, but I feel you need to know that your good friend, Miranda Hobbes, has just taken a piece of cake out of the garbage and eaten it. You'll probably need this information when you check me into the "Betty Crocker Clinic."

Carrie: That's another reason I love New York. Just like that, it can go from bad to cute.

Carrie: I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it.

i hear that it's on tbs
& if you are sensative to naughty words
i'd check that out...
if you swear like a sailor
go for dvd
cause that's me
sailing the high seas
swearing up a storm...

& you?
& you
& you too...
what's are your favorites?

:)

ps due to the unfortunateness that is television scheduling
the office & grey's anatomy are on at the same time
BUT
the good people at abc have done something
so kind
so selfless
you can watch entire episodes on abc.com
the newest ones even!
very cool
&
the nbc people have done the same thing
just in case you need to know what
happens to meredith before
you find out what happens to michael
or jim
or pam
or dwight
or phyllis
or kelly
or stanley
or angela
or creed
or oscar
or ryan
or jan
or kevin
or toby...

:)

pps this will come in quite handy when lost starts again
since i am working wednesday nights...
shout out to abc
thanks, guys...

2 comments:

Mrs.Kate.W said...

I love this topic...I love TV!!! we have the DVR from Comcast so that I rarely have to choose between shows. Record them...you don't even have to be home in time. You can set it to record everytime the show is on. It will keep me married! That and the pause button...R comes in and instead of saying my name he just says "pause" so that he can then ask me a question. LOVE IT!

So my current favorite shows
1) How I met your Mother...I laugh at this like you laugh at The office. I rewind and watch scenes again and again...the butterfly tattoo and barney! HILARIOUS!!!
2) The Amazing Race...It is not on right now so since I love reality TV I give 2b to The Biggest Loser...at 7 am this keeps me going when the trainer says "one more." I say if they can do it at 300lbs I can do it!
3) CSI Las Vegas...oh how I love the original. It has the right amount of suspense and drama and the characters are full of interesting back stories. The cases are just the right amount of creepy. I do like CSI NY...and I cannot watch CSI Miami, herasio cane is the most annoying character EVER!!!

Runners up:
Heroes
House
Project Runway
Survivor


Oldies but goodies
Gilmore Girls...makes the list because it is no longer on the air and I loved it. The final episode made me sob
Friends...I still have a crush on Chandler!
Little house on the prairie...I will always love this show. Even though they scared the crap out of me a few times...but I learned valuable lessons (don't put apples in your dress!)


That was a novel...and I am sure I will think of a dozen others to add later.

jmb_craftypickle said...

I finally finished the post...mostly because I have been busy watching TV....Have you watched any of the Fashionista Diaries ala ABC.com?? Muy Bueno, muy trashy.

POor Meredith, stepped right in front of the car...so sad!