18 October 2010

magazine monday: christmas ideas, 2010

this is one of the bazillion
special editions that
better homes & gardens
does during the year...

often they are kind-of
hit & miss for ideas
but this one is bursting with sweet stuff...

a lot of them use ordinary craft items to
make super cute things...

popsicle sticks:


felt...


repurposed sweaters...
(the stockings)


a screen door...
(sooooo cute)


shoes as goodie bags
& old fashioned cross stitch...


buttons, yarn & more felt...
(obviously inspired by the incomparable princess lasertron :)



pipe cleaners...



& a little more felt...


& my favorite:
clay...


sculpey is on sale at jo-ann's this week
i'm going to stock up so we can
have a snowman making party in november...
i just love these wee sweeties :)

time to get started on holiday projects...
it's the most wonderful time of the year
:)


5 comments:

kim said...

Emily, so cute, and so very inspiring, I will be looking for both magazines in my mailbox. thanks for sharing!

Barbara Jean said...

Great ideas. Some look like waaaay to much time for me. I like quick and easy, most of the time.

thanks and hugs

barb

jmbmommy said...

so pretty, you have such good taste!

Katie Leporte said...

Emily, so glad you liked the 2010 Christmas Ideas issue. I was the art director involved on this one; we had fun putting it together!

In case you're interested--I created those lil' snowmen cuties out of polymer clay for the story. :) I sell them now on etsy, here's my shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/FlyLeafDesign

Just in time for holiday decorating. :)

and here's my blog:
www.happinesspatrol.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel